View Full Site
215-259-5798
Today's Fuel Oil Prices: 3.119 Cash or Check 3.119 Credit Card

Carbon Monoxide Detectors

Protect Your Family from the Silent Killer – Carbon Monoxide

CO Awareness - IT Landes

Carbon Monoxide is known as the silent killer because it is a dangerous gas that you cannot see or smell. Commonly associated with faulty and improperly maintained fuel-burning appliances, CO can be deadly if you are exposed to high levels or for too long.

Some common symptoms associated with carbon monoxide poisoning include:

  • Headache
  • Dizziness
  • Fatigue
  • Shortness of breath
  • Nausea

But in extreme causes, CO can cause brain damage or death.  Which is why it’s important to have a CO detector in your home – but did you know that not all CO detectors are the same?

Here’s what you should know:

  1. Carbon Monoxide detectors do not last forever. They should be replaced every 5 to 7 years.
  2. The detection levels are not all the same. Some do not detect low-levels of CO which means that some detectors would not notify you until CO is abundant in your home.
  3. Certain types of people would be more at risk with a detector that does not detect low-levels, such as infants, children, elderly, and highly sensitive or ill individuals.

IT Landes carries NSI’s Professional Grade Low-Level Carbon Monoxide Detector. This model alerts you of a problem before levels become dangerous. The NSI 3000 protects all age groups, especially infants, children, elderly, and highly sensitive or ill individuals.