Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP)
IT Landes® recognizes that some families within our communities struggle to afford the cost of heating their homes during the winter season. That’s why we’ve chosen to serve as a vendor for the Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP).
What Is LIHEAP?
LIHEAP is an assistance program that helps low income families pay their heating bills. LIHEAP is a grant and does not need to be repaid. LIHEAP offers both cash grants and crisis grants.
- CASH GRANTS help families pay heating bills with a one-time payment sent directly to your utility company or fuel provider that gets credited to your bill. In some cases the check may be mailed directly to you. Cash grants range from $200 to $1,000 and are based on household size, income, and fuel type.
- CRISIS GRANTS may be available if you have an emergency situation and are in jeopardy of losing your heat. You may receive more than one crisis grant during a single season until the maximum benefit of $500 is reached. Crisis situations include: broken heating equipment or leaking lines that must be fixed or replaced, lack of fuel or danger of being without fuel (less than 15-day supply), and termination of utility service (notice of shutoff within 60 days).
Who Is Eligible?
You may qualify for a LIHEAP grant if your household income meets the income guidelines.
3 Ways to Apply
- Apply online at compass.state.pa.us.
- Download, print, and mail your completed application to your local county assistance office (Click here for Spanish version of the application). For a complete listing of county assistance offices, click here.
- Request an application by calling the Statewide LIHEAP Hotline at 866-857-7095 or PA Relay at 711 for the hearing impaired. Applications are also available at your local county assistance office.