You have your car inspected yearly. You get a yearly physical at the doctor and…
You’d be surprised by how much your home’s HVAC systems can affect your health and overall comfort on a daily basis. Focusing on the air quality in your home is a great place to start.
1. Winter is the RIGHT time for a little humidity.
Research shows that improving the relative humidity in your home can improve health, alleviate dry skin, and make your home feel warmer than it is (without turning up the heat that extra notch!) With proper humidification, you can:
- Get a better night’s sleep. Keep your nasal passages healthy and reduce inflammation caused by dry air to reduce snoring and other sleep complications.
- Improve overall health. Helps to prevent colds, the flu, sore throats, viruses and other complications.
- Protect your home. Wood floors, wall paper, furniture and even electronics can last longer.
- Reduce energy costs. Your home will feel warmer so you won’t want to crank up the temperature.
Your choices for adding healthy humidity to the air are based on both budget and preference. Some folks choose a room humidifier, others choose the old fashioned stove-top water-on-the-low-boil method, and others choose a whole-home humidifier.
2. Sick of being sick? Blow out those ducts.
Mold spores, bacteria, fungus, and MORE might be hiding in your duct work. Turn on your HVAC system and all the hidden contaminants will come flying out into the air contributing to conditions such as asthma and allergy attacks, respiratory ailments, itchy eyes, sneezing or throat irritations. If you’re sick and tired of being sick and tired, consider an affordable and comprehensive duct cleaning. Click here for a residential duct cleaning estimate.
3. Clear the air.
Finally, air purification systems can also go a long way in improving your health and helping systems operate at peak efficiency. Depending on the type of purification system, they can eliminate odor, destroy bacteria, viruses, fungi and other germs that you might otherwise be breathing in every day.
At IT Landes, all of our contractors are happy to help you improve your home’s total comfort. Call us at 215-256-4221 or request an appointment online.